Sunday, February 17, 2013

In Cline Shale Country Again

For the second weekend in a row I found myself driving through Cline Shale country.  Last weekend I went to Colorado City for the Cline Shale Summit.  To get there I took major highways, so I didn't really notice any drilling action as I drove through.  This weekend, however, I had to get off the main thoroughfares to go to a ranch about a half hour northwest of Abilene.  I saw this rig about 20 miles east of Snyder in Fisher County.  The name on it is Ringo Drilling.


I also noticed several pits like the one to the left of the rig.  They were lined with black plastic and all of them sitting adjacent to flattened, hardpacked, dirt pads.  I'm guessing the surface owners in this area are not too keen on drillers using a caliche floor for their drilling site like they usually do.  I must have seen four or five pits next to pads.  I wonder if those pads are all waiting for this rig.

No comments:

Post a Comment